Two times to see Angst
FREE: Sunday, September 8, 6-8 pm. River Oaks Community Church, 1855 Lewisville Clemmons Road, Clemmons, NC 27012 (see flyer below)
Lunch & Learn. Monday, September 9, 11 am – 1:30 pm at the Jerry Long YMCA, 1150 S. Peacehaven Road, Clemmons, NC 27012. Cost: $15 (includes lunch) (see flyer below)
An educational lunch and learn, movie screening, and panel discussion about something that impacts us all… anxiety.
As a community, we are coming together to start a conversation about stress and anxiety, how it affects our children and teens (and those around them), and share helpful tips and resources to give HOPE to all.Who should attend? Parents, faith leaders, business leaders, educators, counselors, coaches, local government and community members.
CEU Credits: 2 hours continuing education credits offered at $10 (paid separately)
Register online at HERE by Thursday, September 4. Seats are limited.
For more information email Barbara Saulpaugh
For more information about the movie click here.
Come join us for an educational lunch and learn, movie screening, and panel discussion about something that impacts us all…anxiety. Panel will include community physicians, professional counselors, and parents.
Attendees will Learn:
- How to identify and understand the symptoms of anxiety.
- The causes of anxiety and its sociological effects.
- The prevalence of this very common mental health challenge, impacting 54 percent of females and 46 percent of males, with age seven being the median age of onset, (according to the World Health Organization).
- The symptoms of a panic attack caused by anxiety.
- The powerful stories of many kids and teens who discuss their anxiety and its impacts on their lives and relationships.
- About the help, resources and tools available to address the condition.