Fourth Annual John W. Hatch FaithHealth Lecture
Tuesday December 3, 2019, 10 am – 3:45 pm
Shaw University – Estey Hall, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
Extended registration deadline: November 19. There is no registration fee, however, registration is required.
The Division of FaithHealth Ministries of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and Shaw University Divinity School invite you to the Fourth Annual John W. Hatch FaithHealth Lecture Series.
The lecture series will:
- Provide a forum for participants to engage in diverse streams of intellectual knowledge gained through individuals, communities and institutions relevant to the fields of faith and health.
- Create opportunities for open dialogue, story sharing, and innovation between faith and health communities towards the goal of improved quality of life in the communities/populations served.
- Build stronger communities vested in bridging the space between the healing world of faith and health.
- 14th Assistant Secretary for Health, US Dept of Health and Human Services (nominated by President Barack Obama)Numerous publications including articles on health and spirituality
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Legacy Award for National Service
- Recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the country’s “Top 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare”
We’ve also planned a special afternoon session on Climate Change and Environmental Justice, featuring Secretary Michael Regan, North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality. Secretary Regan was appointed by Governor Roy Cooper to oversee the state agency dedicated to science-based environmental stewardship for the health and prosperity of all North Carolinians. He has decades of expertise and experience in environmental regulation and advocacy: air quality and energy programs (served at US Environmental Protection Agency under both Clinton and Bush Administrations) and program design to reduce pollution, improve energy efficiency and overcome climate-related challenges.
We look forward to your participation!
The registration deadline is November 19, 2019. There is no registration fee, however registration is required. To register, please email your name and organization (if applicable), as well as your attendance information below to Robin Danner at email@example.com.
__ I will only attend the morning session
(does not include lunch)
__ I will attend both morning and afternoon sessions
__ I will only attend the afternoon session (includes lunch)
__ I request a vegetarian lunch option
Please feel free to share this information with others and/or provide us with their contact information. If you have any questions, please contact Robin Danner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.716.9722.