Sorry, this event has been CANCELED!
FaithHealth Learning Forum
April 27, 2020
The Learning Forum is an introduction to the FaithHealth movement as it continues to take shape in North Carolina, specifically through the Division of FaithHealth at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. This day and a half event is designed for congregational, community and health leaders who want to learn about how movement is unfolding here. The work here spread directly from Memphis, but also found existing assets and vitality that have shaped it in profound ways. You’ll see it is different in this context that other places, what we are learning about adapting national models to this reality, the initial outcomes we are seeing in the data (as well as the different models of data analytics we are developing with which to see), and the stories that bring it all to life.
We are especially interested in how FaithHealth adapts to the way that faith works here in the Carolinas, including the racial, ethnic, political and class dynamics that are so key to the fundamental factors in health. Thus, we’ll be eager to see all this through the lens of yourexperience, which will help us see our own world more clearly, too.
- Hear an overview of the concept and design behind FaithHealth, dialoguing around the foundational concepts of congregational strengths and the ensemble of practices of Stakeholder Health. These express themselves in large scale partnerships that are visible in four key qualities in the lives of people as they relate to health institutions:
- Right door
- Right time
- Ready to be treated
- Not alone
- Discuss the leadership roles being developed in congregations (congregational caregivers and coordinators), as well as the leadership roles being developed to strengthen the collaboration between faith communities and the healthcare system (Supporters of Health, FaithHealth Fellows, Connectors and Liaisons)
- Learn what data we are tracing and what is being discovered about blending place-based data with person-specific data that has the power to help us change, as well as explain, our program design and adapt quickly to the best opportunities.
- Talk about how this movement is removing the walls between spiritual care inside the hospital and the many expressions of the communities of spirit outside. Specifically, how we are seeing a renewed relevance of CPE/Chaplaincy.
- Consider the internal operational and financial implications, how to engage our colleagues inside and outside the organization to find common mind about what is most worth doing (and why).
- Hear the stories of success, surprise and discovery of this growing movement
The first day will be designed around “liberating structures,”exercises designed to foster and engage a collaborative learning environment so that we all continue to learn together.
The day will be spent at Ardmore Baptist Church, 501 Miller St., Winston Salem, NC 27103 . There is a $25 charge which covers lunch, breaks, and materials.
Space is limited, so please register your group by contacting: Robin Danner, Events Coordinator: 336-716-9722 or email@example.com
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 15
An agenda and directions to Ardmore Baptist Church will be sent with your registration confirmation.
For those who can stay overnight for a second day of “deeper diving”into our work, we also offer (at no extra cost) a second morning of more informal sharing from 9 a.m. – Noon on Oct. 29, 2019. This session will also be held at the Ardmore Baptist Church and includes a plenary Q&A with some key leaders of FaithHealth, followed by breakout small groups in these interest areas: 1) Community Engagement, 2) Education and Training, 3) Data, Evaluation and Mapping and potentially others, based on interest level.
Participants are responsible for their own lodging. The closest hotel isHoliday Inn Express,110 Miller, Winston Salem, NC 27103. Their phone number is 336-721-0220. Another conveniently located hotel is the Hawthorne Inn and Conference Center (420 High Street SW, Winston-Salem, NC, 27101). The Inn’s phone number is 336-777-3000. To be assured of availability, please contact a hotel as early as possible.
For air travel, we are closest to Piedmont International Airport in Greensboro, NC (code GSO), approximately 30 minutes away. Charlotte International in Charlotte, NC (code CLT) is 90 minutes from Winston Salem, NC, but offers more direct flights. Uber or Lyft are the most inexpensive modes of travel.