NOTE: THIS EVENT POSTPONED TILL FALL
Monday, May 8, 2017
Wake Forest Biotech Place, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
The Learning Forum is an introduction to the FaithHealth movement as it continues to take shape in North Carolina, and specifically through the Division of FaithHealth at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. This day-long event is designed for congregational, community and health leaders who want to learn about how the movement is unfolding here.
The work here spread directly from Memphis, but also found existing assets and vitality that have shaped it in profound ways. You’ll see it is different in this context than in other places: what we are learning about adapting national models to this reality, the initial outcomes we are seeing in the data (and the different models of data analytics we are developing to see with), and the stories that bring it all to life.
We are especially interested in how FaithHealth adapts to the way that faith works here in the Carolinas (including the racial, ethnic, political, and class dynamics that are so key to the fundamental factors in health). Thus, we’ll be eager to see all this through the lens of your experience, which will help us see our own world more clearly, too.
Why should you attend?
- Hear an overview of the concept and design behind FaithHealth, dialoguing around the foundational concepts of congregational strengths, and the ensemble of practices of Stakeholder Health. These express themselves in large scale partnerships that are visible in four key qualities in the lives of people as they relate to health institutions:
- Right door
- Right time
- Ready to be treated
- Not alone
- Discuss the leadership roles being developed in congregations (congregational caregivers and coordinators), as well as the leadership roles being developed to strengthen the collaboration between faith communities and the healthcare system (Supporters of Health, FaithHealth Fellows, connectors and liaisons).
- Learn what data we are tracing and what is being discovered about blending place-based data with person-specific data that has the power to help us change, as well as explain, our program design and adapt quickly to the best opportunities.
- Talk about how this movement is removing the walls between spiritual care inside the hospital, and the many expressions of the communities of spirit outside. Specifically, we will discuss how we are seeing a renewed relevance of CPE/Chaplaincy.
- Consider the internal operational and financial implications: how to engage our colleagues inside and outside the organization to find common mind about what is most worth doing (and why).
- Hear the stories of success, surprise and discovery of this growing movement.
The day will be designed around “liberating structures,” exercises designed to foster and engage a collaborative learning environment so that we all continue to learn together.
The Learning Forum will be held at Wake Forest Biotech Place in downtown Winston-Salem, NC. The $25 charge covers lunch, breaks, and materials.
Space is limited, so please register your group by contacting: Robin Danner, Events Coordinator, 336-716-9722 or firstname.lastname@example.org
An agenda and directions to Wake Forest Biotech Place will be sent with your registration confirmation.
Participants are responsible for their own lodging, but for your convenience we will reserve a block of rooms at the Hawthorne Inn and Conference Center. The Inn is located at 420 High Street SW, Winston-Salem, NC 27101. Please call 336-777-3000 or 1-877-517-0616 to make your reservation.