Do you Need Health Insurance? See if you Qualify.
Find someone nearby to help you apply.
The Open Enrollment Period when people can enroll in a health insurance plan for 2018 runs from November 1, 2017 to December 15, 2017. People and groups in your community can help you apply, pick a plan, and enroll – all for free. Most are available to meet in-person.
Some helpful things to know
- If you don’t already have health coverage, the Marketplace is a way to find and buy health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs.
- You can enroll during Open Enrollment or during a Special Enrollment Period if you qualify because of a life change.
- With one simple application, you can find out if you might be eligible for help paying for a Marketplace health plan or for programs like Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- You can apply online at HealthCare.gov, by phone, by mail, or in-person with the help of a trained assister or navigator.
- For more information, visit HealthCare.gov. Or, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325.
- Here’s a link to BlueCross NC’s open enrollment page.
For more information, click on the box below: